Difference between router and repeater
A router is a device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.
Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets, and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts.
A wireless repeater (also called wireless range extender) takes an existing signal from a wireless router or wireless access point and rebroadcasts it to create a second network. When we have to connect two or more hosts with each other protocol and the distance is too long to connect them in that situation we will use this repeater as a bridge to connect both of them.
It can be used when there was no wireless hotspot in your area and it has a drawback too Wireless throughput is reduced by at least 50%.
How to use router as a repeater
You can use this if you have a big room or a huge place with only one wifi router. Everyone can’t use this opportunity but if you have a router that which became old you can use it as a repeater with out any issues with the simple guide what I have placed down.
We can use the router as a repeater to boost your wifi signal and it helps to get much fast. we can use if we have a problem in wifi black spot and we can cure it with it and you were able to do it with out any connecting with wire in between them. These without Wi-Fi can cost as little as £10, so it’s cheaper than simply buying a powerline kit with built-in Wi-Fi.
Most of the routers set up a repeater we can use if we have a problem in wifi black spot and we can cure it with it and you were able to do it with out any connecting with wire in between them. These without Wi-Fi can cost as little as £10, so it’s cheaper than simply buying a powerline kit with built-in Wi-Fi. Most of the routers set up as a repeater alredy so there is no issue in that.
If the methods didnt work for you just put a comment below to solve your problem easily.
There are many different ways to use router as a repeater in one of that i will explains one simple and easy with small steps.
1.Find your IP Adress
- You need to know some details about your router what you are using right now about channel and security.
- Click on the network to get network setup in that choose the option called change adoptor settings.
- Choose Status, then Details. This will show your computer’s IP address. Note down your gateway as this is the address of your primary router usually in the format : 192.168.1.1 or similar to this. karzeebee
2.Connect to the Router
- Now keep search forgate way IP adress in the appropriate web browser which you will use. You should setup screen for primary screen.
- In that process you should have to enter username and password for that just search the brand of that router and you will get the password and userame for that router.
3.Check your wifi setings
- Check the wireless settings to know the detail which includes the router name, the channel and the security type.
- Make note of all of them it may be usefull to use i the forward steps.
4.Reset the primary router
- Has this is not used so long just reset your router by clicking the back button of the router.
- As now router is reseted now you can use it.
- Connect the second router now, with a network cable to a PC which is not there in your network.
- You can do it by switchoff your primary router for a while.
- Once attached again with this router until you get to the stage where you have accessed the configuration page.
6.Copy over the settings
- Now in the wireless settings enable it and change the name as what yiour primary router has.
- Now set the channel also which is there and setup the same password which was used by you for primary router.
- Now give it a fixed adress to it by enabling the IP adress near to what [rimary does have].
7.Connections(Wire and Wireless)
- Now connect the routers with network cable and you may do it wihtout any network cable.
- Wire less connections take much time and they cant work as this works.
- For the wireless connections you should select the type of connections and then you should go ahed of forther steps by placing adress and the password of the routwer.
The above description is observed and done it practically and this article may usefull to know about the techinic to use a router as a repeter and to reducse the expensive router wi the help of a old router in the palce of that.
If you have any problem regarding this post just feel free to comment below that i can help u. Thank for visiting. Stay tuned for more updates.